Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My lonely life without the band.

Well, as I'm the only member of this band who doesn't live in the state of Oregon, I occasionally feel compelled to write a post about my so-called life in South Carolina In hopes that my fellow rockers won't forget about me entirely.

Well, it's been another eventful weekend. Our good friend Bobby Shook visited me for two days, and we worked on scoring his short film "Loyalties" which is scheduled for release this summer. We also went to see "3:10 to Yuma" starring Christian Bale and Russel Crowe. For the record, it was a beautiful film that really brings back all that is good in the oldschool westerns. It was based on a classic western story. It had Louis L'amour's fingerprints all over it although, strangely, he didn't write it. And Crowe and Bale both lived up to expectations. I could almost feel a professional competition of sorts between the two. I think it drove both of them to perform on a higher level than usual, even for them. I'd give the film four and a half stars.

In the parking lot of the theater, we ran over a small, stuffed teletubby. Upon realizing what we had just hit, we backed up and ran over it several more times. After all, any fool knows it isn't wise to run down a teletubby unless you're prepared to finish the job.

So, in case anyone's memory is growing hazy over the months, there are still six members of this band. I'm not gone. I'm just a little bit not there right now. I'll bottle another message and throw it out to sea again in a few weeks. Until then, this is Jeremy signing off.

1 comment:

Daniel Silver said...

What an exciting life you lead Jeremy. Can't wait to see Loyalties.